Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Veterans Day


Today was the official veterans day. So I wanted to take this moment and thank those who serve, have served, and those who support those who serve. It was a sad day in Tacoma as there was a mildly violent anti war protest at the port that was blocking troops from going home after returning from Iraq. As a former soldier this rubbed me the wrong way and it made me mad that these people would punish those who have been apart from their families for over a year for the antics of the people in the white house. I think that regardless of how we feel about Bush and the war, we should still support the troops in all that they do to keep the United States the land of the free.
On that note, on December 15Th, the Civil Air Patrol will be holding their annual Wreaths across America event all over the country. For us here in Seattle it will be at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent WA. As a part of this event, I will be representing the US Army in the wreath laying ceremony. I see this as my way of honoring the friends that I have lost in the war and the friends that I have that are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yesterday was the veterans day parade in Auburn Wa. and I had the privilege to march with the cadet color guard from my Civil Air Patrol squadron in the parade along with hundreds of WW2 and Vietnam vets, High School ROTC's, and even the Seagals!!!needless to say it was a big parade, but it was a great experience. I had many people on the street walk up to me and thank me for my service to our country and despite all the protesting and bad press about the war and military, it made me feel good, like I honored my country, my family and myself by serving. I am proud to be a vet, and I am proud to have a step dad who is also a vet. both of us have served in hard times in the same place and It is only fitting to tell John, happy vets day, and thank you for your sacrifice.









HAPPY VETERANS DAY






No comments: